Sumary of Red list: Which countries could be taken off when travel system changes?:
- Government briefings indicate that the current “traffic light” system that restricts travel to the UK is likely to be dismantled soon.
- Appearing on the red list is effectively a travel ban, with arrivals from those countries required to go into 11 nights of hotel quarantine once in the UK – at a cost, for a solo traveller, of £2,285.So which countries might leave the club – and which nations should join?
- He has trawled through the genomic sequencing records held by Gisaid, the worldwide database, with a focus on variants of concern.
- “The Philippines registered an all-time record recently“Seychelles has still quite high rates.
- “Tunisia had awful figures for number of travellers arriving into UK infected with Covid-19.”Added to redTim White picked another 10 nations not currently on the red list which, he said, have high case rates or were “fibbing about figures”, meaning they should probably be added to the red list.
- All of these are currently amber, except Grenada – currently on the “low-risk” green list.