Sumary of San Francisco’s Newest Hotspot Wilder Reinvigorating The Marina District’s Social Scene:
- We wanted to build an experience that celebrated those social interactions with food and drink that are easy to understand (international comfort food/riffs off classic cocktails) but elevated to feel special,”.
- We even curated fun portraits of animals with human bodies to place in our dining room—we all have a spirit animal (perhaps several spirit animals) and it may change when we’re hungry or thirsty!”.
- Dominguez, who is also the current Executive Chef of Westwood, has an extensive background in opening and operating restaurants including Delfino, Americano, and Spork, and has spent the past decade at two Michelin-starred Taj Campton Place as its Sous Chef..
- We sat down with co-founder Kingston Wu to talk about the space, new restaurant concept, Westwood and it new developments, pandemic pivots and more..
- Albert Law To play to these popular service times, we wanted to warm the space up by introducing darker hues and earth tones..
- We kept the location of the bar and most of the walls intact, but repainted, wallpapered, and place hardwood on every floor, wall, booth, and ceiling afterward to give the space its new woodsy, “Tahoe Chic”.
- Albert Law Can you tell us a little bit more about Chef Jesus Dominguez, who oversees both Wilder and Westwood?.
- While Chef was working on the new menu for Wilder, he had to re-invent Westwood’s menu during the same period….