Sumary of A True Taste Of The Yucatan: Chef Rosalia Chay’s Cochinita Pibil Experience Returns To The Roots:
- Hidden in the center of the Yucatan Peninsula, however, is a globally acclaimed chef’s home where guests are invited for not only a taste of Mayan cuisine, but also to be treated to a day in the life of Rosalia Chay.
- Consulted by chefs from Mexico and beyond, and mentored by Mexico Lindo Cooking, Ms. Chay has been featured on the Netflix series “Chef’s Table : BBQ”, among other achievements.
- The chef’s Cochinita Pibil experience, based around Mayan underground cooking methods, is your chance to watch your meal handworked into existence on a lovely tropical property in the community of Yaxunah.
- The experience can be booked as a day trip or as part of a longer four to eight day journey complete with boutique lodging, visits to Mayan archaeological ruins and dips in the area’s natural swimming cenotes.
- The highlight of your experience will be the chef’s use of a traditional Mayan cooking method to prepare your cochinita pibil.
- The process requires patience and precision, and is known to have been used in Mayan ritual cooking.