Sumary of Casa Versalles 2021: Second Iteration Of Mexico City Art Initiative To Launch Next Week:
- GLR ESTUDIO Like all businesses, Mexico City art galleries were forced to adapt and innovate due to COVID-19, which led to the formation of Casa Versalles, a collaborative show between ten local galleries..
- Both the first and second iteration of Casa Versalles were slated during the time these Mexico City galleries would normally be at Art Basel art fairs, providing a local creative outlet while international travel was restricted..
- “The idea was to bring together galleries to support each other and bring a new experience to the local collectors and community,”.
- Casa Versalles helped reactivate the market and also provided a meeting point for the local art scene after months of social distancing and exclusively interacting online..
- Casa Versalles The project is a testament to Mexico City collaborative spirit and includes galleries such as kurimanzutto, CURRO, Galería Agustina Ferreyra, Galerie Nordenhake, Gaga, Labor, OMR, Pequod Co., PROYECTOS MONCLOVA, and Travesía Cuatro..
- “The exhibition at Casa Versalles is a testament to the fact that the galleries in Mexico City see themselves as a unit,”.
- In addition to uplifting the commercial side of the Mexican art landscape, Casa Versalles also benefits the institutional arm..
- Just like in its first iteration, Casa Versalles will donate ten percent of sales to two domestic institutions:…