Sumary of 10 Awe-Inspiring Caves to Visit in the U.S.:
- Several are part of the national or state parks, and are worth the excursion.
- Whether you are a thrill seeker looking for an adventurous exploration of a cave, or like the intimate, magical side that caves offer, the U.S has plenty to offer.
- Here are ten of the most amazing caves in the United States.
- Mammoth Cave National Park – Brownsville, KY Formed over ten million years ago, with over four hundred miles of cave passage, Mammoth Cave is the longest known cave system in the world.
- Established as a national park in 1941, it was named after its size, not the woolly ancient animal.
- Explore the caves by taking one of the several tours offered, and above ground, you can camp, hike on the over 85 miles of trails, kayak on the Green and Nolin Rivers, and more.