Sumary of Angela Dimayuga on ‘Filipinx’ and her mission to help drive Filipino cuisine forward:
- Filipinx offers 100 deeply personal recipes—many of them dishes that define home for Angela Dimayuga and the more than four million people of Filipino descent in the United States.
- Visaya Chef Angela Dimayuga wanted to explore Filipino food seriously as a professional cook but when she was just starting, she was told that that Euro-centric cuisine was the way to go in order to be seen.
- In her debut cookbook, acclaimed chef Angela Dimayuga shares her passion for Filipino food with home cooks.
- This year, she added ‘author’ to her name and came up with her debut cookbook called “Filipinx: Heritage Recipes From the Diaspora.
- It has been a moment and I’m just coming to it but I feel very welcome,” Dimayuga told us at their book launch party in Brooklyn.
- The book, co-written with Ligaya Mishan of the New York Times, offers 100 personal recipes culled from her family and the years of learning the cuisine from her mom and Lola.