Sumary of Bezos Vs. Branson Space Race: Billionaire Ego Trip Or Dawn Of A New Era?:
- NEW YORK, UNITED STATES: Virgin Atlantic Founder Richard Branson (L) wearing a spacesuit arrives at …
- Barnum would have loved promoting the billionaire race into space.
- Two famed billionaire ex-CEOs, Jeff Bezos and Sir Richard Branson, battling for publicity as they gratify boyhood desires to blast off into space.
- It is a showdown any promoter would love, particularly as it takes the focus away from questions about the value of the actual product being pitched, space tourism.
- Still, the billionaire blast-off will bring the long-promised space tourism “business” some much-needed proof of concept.
- So far, billions of dollars have been raised and spent, and neither Virgin Galactic nor Bezos’ Blue Origin has yet launched a paying passenger into space.
- With global space tourism projected to reach just $1.7 billion by 2027 (pocket change for $177 billion-dollar man Bezos) does a brief flirtation with weightlessness herald a new kind of travel, or is just a billionaire’s ego trip?
- Virgin Galactic, founded in 2004, has a waiting list of 8,000 for a suborbital space jaunt.