Sumary of From Beetroot To Barbecue, These Chefs Create Delectable Dishes:
- Johnny Autry Chef William Dissen The Market Place Restaurant &
- Lounge, Asheville, North Carolina Chef William Dissen was the first chef to defeat Gordon Ramsay on National Geographic’s Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted.
- “I specialize in American farm-to-table cuisine, with a focus on local, seasonal, and sustainable food sourced from the foodshed of our region in Appalachia,” he explains.
- “Through our work we have helped to establish access to the best ingredients in the United States’ western Appalachian region.
- ” Chef Dissen has always been committed to cooking with local ingredients that he can forage from in the wild, whether that’s in the mountains or oceans.