Sumary of Hilton Looks To Dominate Las Vegas With Resorts World:
- In 1981, the Las Vegas Hilton clinched the title of the largest hotel in the world.
- In June, the company reopened the Las Vegas Hilton — not in its former home (now occupied by Westgate Las Vegas Resort &
- Casino) but in the cherry-red towers of the new $4.3 billion Resorts World Las Vegas.
- On top of that, Hilton debuted two more hotels inside Resorts World: the art-driven Conrad Las Vegas (the world’s biggest Conrad) and the ultra-luxurious Crockfords Las Vegas, LXR Hotels &
- Surreptitiously, Resorts World opened almost exactly 50 years after the Las Vegas Hilton’s debut.
- “Everything about the [original] Las Vegas Hilton was helping this destination become known as the entertainment hub of the United States and the world,” says Gary Steffen, global brand head, Hilton Hotels &