Sumary of Look at the ambitious plans for Voyager Station, a hotel in outer space:
- Look at the ambitious plans for Voyager Station, a hotel in outer space Travel Voyager Station could open in 2027..
- Orbital Assembly Corporation United Airlines wants to bring back supersonic air travel Orbital Assembly Corporation, billed as the world first large-scale space construction company and run by former pilot John Blincow, aims to open Voyager Station in 2027..
- “We’re trying to make the public realize that this golden age of space travel is just around the corner,”.
- An unpressurized ring structure in the center of the station would capture and secure visiting spacecraft, according to the company..
- Gravity is essential for long-term stays in space, and the rotating wheel would produce various levels of artificial gravity for space tourists so they could experience showers, toilets, and beds that function similarly to those on Earth..
- Space technology start-up Orion Span aimed to open a luxury space hotel in 2022 called Aurura Station, but the company has shut down and refunded all customer deposits, according to its website..
- Other companies working on space travel include Virgin Galactic, billed as the world first commercial spaceline, and rocket company SpaceX, headed by Elon Musk, who envisions taking humans to Mars..
- Space tourists could choose from 320 square-foot standard hotel rooms with private bathrooms or 5,300 square-foot luxury villas with cooking facilities, three bathrooms, and accommodations for up to 16 people….