Sumary of Toni Tipton-Martin Has Exciting Plans For Julia Child Foundation Grant:
- The Julia Child Foundation for Gastronomy and the Culinary Arts announced multi-award-winning food journalist, historian, author and recently named PBS host Toni Tipton-Martin as the recipient of the seventh annual Julia Child Award, which includes a $50,000 grant..
- Tipton-Martin recently talked about how the money will go toward an important project that builds on her life work..
- Toni Tipton-Martin via Instagram The Julia Child connection Tipton-Martin was a reporter in the 1980s working in Los Angeles when Julia Child made a big first impression..
- Like the legendary author of Mastering the Art of French Cooking, it long been Tipton-Martin mission to inspire people to get comfortable in the kitchen and to learn the history of the dishes they’re cooking..
- Tipton-Martin award-winning books — The Jemima Code and Jubilee — are celebrations of the contributions African-American women have made to this country rich culinary landscape..
- By taking a journalistically sound approach, I was able to make the material approachable and hope that the storytelling inspires readers to get into the kitchen.”…