Sumary of United strikes Alder Fuels deal as it seeks carbon reductions:
- United and Honeywell have announced a joint investment in Alder Fuels, a company that is pioneering first-of-its-kind technologies for producing sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) at scale.
- As part of the agreement, United is committing to purchase 1.5 billion gallons of SAF from Alder when produced to United’s requirements.
- The purchase agreement, which is one and a half times the size of the known purchase commitments of all global airlines combined, makes this easily the largest publicly announced SAF agreement in aviation history.
- “Since announcing our 100 per cent green commitment in 2020, United has stayed focused on decarbonising without relying on the use of traditional carbon offsets.
- “Part of that commitment means increasing SAF usage and availability since it’s the fastest way to reduce emissions across our fleet.