Sumary of What’s the best pizza city in the USA? ‘Modernist’ authors have a surprise for you:
- The honor of best pizza city in the United States goes not to those traditional standard bearers of pizza but instead to that innovative West Coast upstart of Portland, Oregon.
- ShutterstockMyhrvold said he had no idea when the pizza sleuthing ‘n’ sampling began that Portland would take the gold.
- “We knew Portland had undergone a foodie Renaissance of sorts in the last 20 years.
- They were:Chicago DetroitLos AngelesNew York, New Jersey and Connecticut Tri-State areaOld Forge, PennsylvaniaPhiladelphiaPhoenixQuad Cities in Iowa and IllinoisSan FranciscoSeattleSt.
- ” He thought that Scholls and Ken’s would be it for Portland, “but that wasn’t it at all.
- “He said there’s no one style that defines Portland pizza except for the commonalities of creativity, the emphasis on quality ingredients and “people wanting to do a great job.