Sumary of Morocco, Jamaica and Aruba all at risk of moving to red list, says expert:
- Morocco, Jamaica and the Caribbean island of Aruba all look likely to move from the amber list to the red list in this week’s review of the UK traffic light travel system, one expert has predicted.
- Writing in several detailed Twitter threads between Thursday and today, data analyst and journalist Tim White listed notable rises and declines in the infection rates of various destinations, and made his predictions for countries that are likely to move between lists.
- This week’s travel update is likely to happen this Wednesday 25 or Thursday 26 August.
- “Any follower of mine must know I’ve been warning about Jamaica for a few weeks,” tweeted White earlier today.
- ”Looking at the figures across Africa, White commented: “Here are the six [countries] in Africa in most danger of being moved to red based purely on infection rates: Gambia, Djibouti, Morocco, Algeria, Nigeria, Ghana.
- ”For Morocco to stay on the amber list, White said, the JBS (Joint Biosecurity Committee) would have had to have seen the country’s Covid figures from yesterday or today, but past decisions suggested the decision will have been made earlier.