Sumary of Next on Your Bucket List: A Stay at the Versailles Palace?:
- Throughout history, the grand and the powerful have built opulent residences to live in and leave as their royal legacy..
- Called Airelles Le Grand Controle, the ultra luxe property will allow guests to sleep at a place that goes back 340 years and took half a century to construct fully..
- Le Grand Controle (built by Louis XIV’s favoured architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart and the building that gives the hotel its name), Le Petit Controle (the private residence of Marie Antoinette and her children), and the Pavillon..
- The year of choice is 1788, which was when the queen got her private residence renovated, and the Grand Controle was inventoried for the last time..
- The man of the moment as far as the iconic ducal residence’s new avatar goes, is renowned architect and decor specialist Christophe Tollemer..
- The celebrated Monegasque chef Alain Ducasse helms the in-house restaurant where you can relish perennial French specials and a tea inspired by the soirees of Marie Antoinette herself..
- The hotel has 14 units—rooms and suites—and the hotel has views of the palace’s famous Orangerie, also conceptualised by Hardouin-Mansart…