Sumary of 10 of the UK’s best outdoor theatre shows this summer:
- Make the most of the return of live performance this summer – without the anxiety of spending time indoors with a crowd of strangers – with an outdoor theatre show..
- Pitlochry Festival Theatre, Perthshire Pitlochry Festival Theatre from across the River Tummel PFT began life in a tent, so it fitting that the theatre is celebrating its 70th anniversary with a move to the great outdoors..
- The Highlands venue is creating three new permanent performance spaces in its lovely gardens on the banks of the River Tummel, including an 80-seat amphitheatre, a theatre-ship that will double as a children play area, and a riverbank bandstand..
- a new adaptation of The Wind in the Willows performed on the riverbank, and a family promenade experience inspired by Alice Adventures in Wonderland (both July-Sept)..
- The Wind in the Willows tickets from £9, pitlochryfestivaltheatre.com Iris Theatre, The Actors’ Church, London Pre-Covid production of The Three Musketeers at Iris Theatre..
- This year resident company Iris Theatre has commissioned five breakout companies to create new work, including one-woman storytelling show Shoes to Fill(5-10 July) and Arthur/Merlin, a play with songs inspired by Arthurian legend (4-22 Aug)..
- Shoes to Fill tickets from £15, iristheatre.com Nevill Holt Opera, Leicestershire This annual summer opera festival, held on a 13th-century estate, is usually an indoor affair..
- Manfred Gorvy Garden Theatre, Royal Shakespeare Company, Stratford Royal Shakespeare Theatre reflecting in the River Avon at dusk….