Sumary of Airline considers offering travel perks to vaccinated passengers:
- Australian flag carrier Qantas is mulling the move to encourage vaccination uptake in the country, reports Reuters..
- “As a large company that relies on travel to put our people and planes back to work, we’re obviously motivated to help with the national vaccine effort,”.
- “We’re still thinking through how this would work, but the incentive could be Qantas points, Qantas or Jetstar flight vouchers, or status credits for frequent flyers.”.
- Recommended Australia borders have been closed to nearly all travellers since the coronavirus pandemic started in March 2020..
- The country recently formed a travel bubble with New Zealand, which means passengers can fly between the two without the need to quarantine..
- Earlier this month, Qantas pushed back the restart date for international flights until December at the earliest, as Covid travel restrictions continue to bite..
- The Australian government has predicted that international travel to the rest of the world will remain at low levels until the middle of next year thanks to a sluggish vaccine roll-out..
- In the meantime, Qantas has had to get creative to attract passengers, launching a series of domestic sightseeing and mystery flights….