Sumary of American Airlines pulls flights into Sydney amid Covid-19 passenger caps:
- American Airlines has announced it will suspend all of its passenger and cargo services from LA into Sydney, its only route into the country, from September 1.The airline said flights would not resume until at least late October, according to Nine News.
- “Due to the ongoing travel restrictions surrounding the coronavirus (Covid-19), American is suspending customer and cargo flights between Los Angeles and Sydney between Sept 1 and Oct 28,” the airline said.
- Camera IconAn extremely quiet Sydney Airport terminal this month.
- Gaye Gerard/NCA NewsWire Credit: News Corp AustraliaAmerican Airlines last week revealed it would fly planes that were 20 per cent empty due to caps on international arrivals.
- That saw the cap fall from more than 6000 each week to about 3000.The decision was made after an outbreak of the Delta variant of the coronavirus plunged Sydney into lockdown.