Sumary of Best Australian city to live in revealed:
- Auckland has been named the world most liveable city on a global list that seen Sydney and Melbourne plummet down the rankings and be outshone by another Australian capital..
- New Zealand success at managing the Covid-19 pandemic has seen Auckland claim the top spot in Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) most liveable cities list for 2021, replacing the previous winner Vienna, which has tumbled out of the top 10..
- The pandemic has been attributed to a shake-up of the global ranking, which was last released in 2019, and assesses the world cities based on stability, health care, culture and environment, education and infrastructure..
- The Japanese city of Osaka came second and Adelaide came third, making it Australia most liveable city, according to the index..
- The EUI noted the large contingent of Australian and New Zealand cities in the global top 10, alongside cities from Japan and Switzerland..
- “Six of the top 10 cities in the March 2021 survey are in New Zealand or Australia, where tight border controls have allowed residents to live relatively normal lives,”.
- All Australia cities scored perfect marks for education and Melbourne and Perth scored top marks for infrastructure..
- Melbourne fell slightly behind in healthcare, with an index of 83.3 compared with 100 for the other Australian cities….