Sumary of Bizarre underwear loan campaign pulled:
- Tourism Tasmania has scrapped an unconventional plan that let tourists borrow thermal underwear for their holiday and return them so they could be lent out again..
- Instead, the tourism campaign has been reworked as a limited giveaway of the garments to interstate tourists holidaying in Tasmania this winter..
- were to be handed out to arrivals at Hobart and Launceston airports, who could wear them during their stay and drop them back at the airport before they flew home..
- But tourists may still be able to snag a pair of fresh Loan Johns to keep – a limited number will be given away to arrivals at Hobart Airport on Friday, July 2, following a giveaway at Launceston Airport last weekend..
- Tasmania is a popular destination for winter holiday-makers, particularly for Hobart annual Dark Mofo festival, which kicks off on June 16…