Sumary of Easy Northern Territory adventures:
- Stephen Scourfield/The West Australian Share to FacebookShare to TwitterEmail UsCopy the Link range of options At 7.05am, the Qantas flight leaves Perth Airport, arriving in Alice Springs two hours and 40 minutes later..
- With the hour-and-a-half time difference between WA and the Northern Territory at the moment, that 11.15am in Alice..
- We can easily spend a couple of nights in Alice, visiting Alice Springs Desert Park, Earth Sanctuary and the local art galleries and shops, and then grab some provisions and head out on an easy road trip through the West MacDonnell Ranges..
- This is the “high road”, but follow it all the way to Larapinta Drive, and you can return to Alice through Hermannsburg..
- Alice Springs is about a five-hour drive from Uluru and Kata Tjuta, and the Red Centre is usually busy with international tourists at this time of year..
- The walk trail is open and just 15 minutes takes me across the desert landscape, down a dry creek bed filled with the chatter of budgerigars nesting in the holes left where gum trees have dropped their branches, and to the gorge waterhole..
- ELLERY CREEK BIG HOLE It is perhaps surprising that the geology of Ellery Creek includes the Bitter Springs Formation, with its very well-preserved fossil bacteria from about 900 million years ago…