Sumary of Families, friends reunite as South Australia opens its borders to rest of Australia after 153 days locked out:
- Emily CosenzaNCA NewsWireCamera IconFamilies and friend have begun reuniting at Adelaide Airport on the first day of the SA border opening to the rest of the country .
- NCA NewsWire / David Mariuz Credit: News Corp AustraliaShare to FacebookShare to TwitterEmail UsCopy the LinkFamilies and friends who were dislocated for more than 100 days have begun to reunite as South Australia opens its borders to every Australian jurisdiction.
- Under the newly eased restrictions, only fully vaccinated people who returned a negative Covid-19 test 72 hours prior to their arrival are allowed in.
- Premier Steven Marshall on Monday apologised for the EntryCheck SA portal momentarily crashing ahead of the reopening.
- Naomi Jellicoe Credit: News Corp AustraliaCamera IconTears of joy flowed as they embraced each other after he landed on the first flight in from Melbourne.
- Naomi Jellicoe Credit: News Corp AustraliaMr Marshall said it was an “exciting” day as people reunited.