Sumary of ‘Goldmine’: Road trip mistake we’re making:
- And while parts of the country are facing Covid travel restrictions, there’s no better time to start planning your next Aussie getaway.
- Gone are the days of cheeky airport bevvies, whipping out Instagram-friendly hats to take the perfect selfie in a foreign city or carrying brightly coloured dresses to the top of the mountain.
- I was the type of traveller who sensibly hydrated and stretched my hamstrings before every long-haul flight.
- But I did spend the majority of my twenties embracing solo female travel in all its glory, eating everything, going everywhere, making friends, and spending all my money.
- With international travel off-limits for the foreseeable future (except for the glorious landscapes of New Zealand for some of us), that means one thing – road trips.
- Like many others, I’ve dedicated this year to exploring my own backyard (even if the dreaded virus has other plans for our friends in NSW, South Australia and Victoria currently experiencing harsh lockdowns and travel bans amid the latest outbreak).