Sumary of Green cruising leader:
- Mogens JohansenThe West AustralianCamera IconA dolphin jumps at the bow of a Ponant ship.
- Credit: Morgane Monneret/Studio PONANTShare to FacebookShare to TwitterEmail UsCopy the LinkFrench luxury cruise ship operator Ponant has been recognised for the second year in a row with a North American Green Marine certification.
- The North American Green Marine environmental certification programme was founded in 2007 as a voluntary effort by the shipping industry to exceed current regulations.
- Green Marine identify and addresses priority issues through a number of performance indicators.
- Assessed on a scale of one to five, they are practices and technologies that have a direct impact on the environment including underwater noise, pollutant air emissions, greenhouse gas emissions, invasive aquatic species and management of residues and oily discharges.