Sumary of Infected Melbourne couple who drove to Queensland did not have travel exemption:
- The couple who fled Melbourne during the city lockdown and drove into Queensland before testing positive to COVID-19 did not have an exemption to enter the Sunshine State, health authorities confirmed..
- A 44-year-old woman tested positive in Caloundra on June 8, almost a week after she first developed symptoms, while her partner was confirmed as a new case on Thursday..
- Queensland still regards Melbourne to be a COVID hotspot, with travellers from the southern state capital required to complete hotel quarantine on arrival..
- The woman and her husband left Victoria on June 1 after a hard lockdown was announced and travelled through regional Queensland centres Goondiwindi and Toowoomba..
- But on Thursday, Queensland chief health officer Jeannette Young confirmed her department had not given the couple permission to forego strict directives….