Sumary of Insane home at the ‘end of the Earth’:
- Real estate agent Caro Cunningham said the house was “probably one of the most iconic homes along the West Australian coastline”.
- According to the real estate agent, “The Point House” has been with the same owners for 40 years and was redesigned in 1996 after the original home was destroyed by fire in 1970.“They’ve loved living there.
- The original home, which sat near the landmark Gantheaume Point lighthouse, served as the lighthouse keeper’s quarters from 1906 before it was sold to local pearler Patrick Percy.
- The owners used handfuls of pindan clay sand native to the Kimberley region to paint the exterior walls so they blended in.
- Ms Cunningham said the Broome home was “highly sought after” since the pandemic had led to buyers leaving Perth for rural locations.