Sumary of One in six UK travellers would hop on a plane today, according to a new report:
- Telecommunications company Inmarsat has released its Passenger Confidence Tracker 2021, gauging the perspectives on travel from over 10,000 global passengers.
- The survey, carried out by market research company Yonder, involved 10,110 online interviews with people who had taken a flight for leisure or business in the last 24 months.
- President of Inmarsat Aviation Philip Balaam said: “Over 1,000 airline passengers took part from the UK alone and the majority are eagerly awaiting a return to the skies.
- This is a positive sign for the future of aviation, especially after the industry’s growth appeared to once again be hampered by travel restrictions and quarantine uncertainty during the recent summer season.
- “However, passenger requirements have evolved significantly since the pandemic and airlines will need to keep pace in order maintain and even accelerate the market’s recovery.