Sumary of Penalties foreshadowed for NSW businesses that refuse to check vaccination status:
- Anton NilssonNCA NewsWireCamera IconNot Supplied Credit: News Corp AustraliaShare to FacebookShare to TwitterEmail UsCopy the LinkNSW pub owners who refuse to check the vaccination status of customers could face heavy fines, a state minister has foreshadowed.
- But businesses will need to make sure customers have been vaccinated before allowing them in, and business owners who refuse should expect penalties, according to Customer Service Minister Victor Dominello.
- Camera IconThose who won’t get vaccinated will not be welcome at the pub.
- Credit: Supplied“There should be serious sanctions applied if somebody wilfully wants to breach those orders,” he told the 2GB radio station on Monday.
- ”Mr Dominello also said he believed staff would be able to sue an employer who failed to protect their safety by allowing non-vaccinated customers in.
- Service NSW, which is overseen by Mr Dominello, is hoping to roll out a combined check-in app and vaccine passport by then.