Sumary of Photos show dozens of Afghan families being released from Adelaide quarantine after evacuation:
- NCA NewsWire / David Mariuz Credit: News Corp AustraliaLast week 26 people who were on the first Australian evacuation flight and underwent quarantine in Perth were released, while 137 additional Afghans and Australians in Adelaide will be freed this coming Sunday.
- Prime Minister Scott Morrison confirmed on Thursday that the last evacuation flight had landed in Darwin on Wednesday.
- NCA NewsWire / David Mariuz Credit: News Corp AustraliaWhile the group can now put the two weeks in quarantine behind them, the broader community is being urged to come together and support the refugees as they adjust to life in Australia.
- “We know it’s been such a traumatic time for what they’ve fled and how quickly everything had to happen and how fast they had to leave,” Kate Leaney from Welcoming Australia told NCA NewsWire.
- Emma Brasier Credit: News Corp Australia“They had to leave a lot behind.