Sumary of Qantas flirts with offering incentives to Australians who get vaccinated:
- In a bold bid to spur on Australia Covid-19 vaccination drive, major airline Qantas is flirting with the idea of offering free frequent flyer points as an incentive to get the jab..
- Qantas chief customer officer Stephanie Tully said the unfolding outbreak in Melbourne had highlighted the urgency of the need to get vaccinated so domestic borders could confidently remain open and the country could begin looking at easing international restrictions..
- “Qantas is a big supporter of Australia vaccine rollout because of what it means for public health, but also because it the key to keeping our domestic borders open and safely restarting international travel as well,”.
- News Corp Australia “As a large company that relies on travel to put our people and planes back to work, we’re obviously motivated to help with the national vaccine effort.”.
- “We’re still thinking through how this would work, but the incentive could be Qantas points, Qantas or Jetstar flight vouchers, or status credits for frequent flyers,”.
- Supplied Qantas’ push to revive overseas travel hinges on Australia vaccination effort, with the airline already delaying its intended start date for international flights from October to December..
- Qantas pointed to recent research showing Australia success in stopping community transmission had lowered the sense of urgency to be vaccinated…