Sumary of Qantas reveals new date for overseas travel:
- Qantas says its return to international travel was on track for this year, with Aussies likely to fly to key overseas destinations in months.
- Qantas expects to resume international travel by Christmas, with Singapore, the United States, Japan, United Kingdom and Canada among the first overseas destinations it will fly to.
- Qantas made the announcement today as it reported a staggering $2.3 billion loss before tax as border closures and travel restrictions continued to wreak havoc on the aviation industry.
- Under the plan outlined today, destinations with high vaccination rates and low Covid risk, such as the UK, North America and parts of Asia, would be Qantas’ first priority for international travel, with current projections for mid- December 2021 “in reach”.
- ”However, Mr Joyce said one of the “biggest unknowns” was the Federal Government’s plan for quarantining vaccinated return travellers.
- “A shorter period with additional testing and the option to isolate at home will see a lot more people travel.