Sumary of Seven weird things Aussies miss overseas:
- Good coffee, kookaburras laughing, beaches you don’t have to pay for, Tim Tams, and money you can swim with.
- I’ve found good coffee, beautiful birds, and, if I was really craving them, I could buy myself some overpriced Tim Tams.
- But abroad, I’ve found myself in a pickle several times while cooking and realising I’d bought canned goods without a ring-pull, in accommodation without a can opener.
- Megaprojects and new developments are popping up everywhere in the UAE – a colossal Guggenheim Museum planned for Abu Dhabi along with run-of-the-mill skyscrapers and residential suburbs.
- Construction sites typically engulf the footpath and during the sweat fest that is summer, everyone drives.