Sumary of Surprise airline now best in the world:
- Qatar Airways has unseated Air New Zealand as the world’s best carrier, as judged by AirlineRatings.
- The Australia-based aviation specialist site also awarded Qatar the best Middle East airline, best catering and best business class.
- Qatar Airways this year beat out Air New Zealand, Singapore Airlines and Qantas for the top award.
- “I am proud to lead such an extraordinary group of people who have today been recognised by industry peers for delivering the very best cabin crew service in the world.
- ”Qantaslink won best regional airline and VietJetAir took out best ultra low-cost airlineExcellence in long haul travel: United Airlines (Americas), Lufthansa (Europe), Qatar Airways (Middle-East/Africa), Singapore Airlines (Asia) and Air New Zealand (Pacific).
- Qatar Airways group chief executive, Akbar Al Baker, said receiving the awards by AirlineRatings was particularly special for his airline.