Sumary of The Philippines: A rising tourism destination in a post-Covid world:
- In the article “Rising Stars in Travel” by travel writer Jared Ranahan of Forbes.
- ” Even as the global tourism industry struggles in the midst of the unprecedented downturn due to the pandemic, many nations around the world are preparing for a boom in international visitors once travel is more feasible.
- Awarded as the Best Island in the World by the international travel magazine Travel + Leisure (T+L) in 2012, Boracay was also at the top of the “Best Islands in the World” list published by the international magazine Condé Nast Traveler.
- In 2016, Boracay headed the magazine’s list of “Top 10 Destinations To Watch.
- Similarly, Travel + Leisure cited the island province of Palawan as the world’s best island in the 2020 World’s Best Awards, besting 24 (Galapagos Islands in Ecuador, Maui in Hawaii, Bali in Indonesia, Great Barrier Reef Islands in Australia, etc.
- Speaking of diving, the Philippines was recognized, for the second time, as the world’s leading dive destination during last year’s 27th World Travel Awards, besting other famous dive destinations such as the Azores Islands, Bora Bora, French Polynesia, Cayman Islands, Fiji, Galapagos Islands, Great Barrier Reef, Australia, Maldives and Mexico.