Sumary of The World’s 50 Best Bars 2020 revealed, with London’s Connaught Bar the overall winner:
- When London’s renowned Connaught Bar in the opulent Connaught Hotel reopens following England’s national lockdown, staff will no doubt be popping a few extra Champagne corks – because it has taken the World’s Best Bar Award crown..
- The revered Mayfair bar has swapped places with last year’s winner, New York’s Dante, which takes the No2 spot and The Best Bar in North America title, sponsored by Asahi Super Dry..
- The accolades were announced today as part of the Perrier-sponsored World’s 50 Best Bars 2020 awards in an online ceremony, with the ranking released partly to bind the drinks industry even closer together and provide some positive news for bars as they enter the next stage of recovery from the pandemic..
- London’s renowned Connaught Bar (pictured) in the Connaught Hotel has taken the World’s Best Bar Award crown for 2020 The awards organisers said of Connaught Bar:.
- ‘Designed by the late David Collins, the Cubist-inspired bar celebrated its 10th year in 2018 and is known for its unique martini trolley, where bartenders give a personalised drinks experience to guests.’ Overall it was a triumphant afternoon for the UK, with Tayer + Elementary on London’s Old Street clinching fifth place and the Disaronno Highest New Entry Award, and Kwant, in Mayfair, claiming sixth and the London Essence Best New Opening prize..
- New York’s Dante, which takes the No2 spot and The Best Bar in North America title, sponsored by Asahi Super Dry The awards organisers said of Tayer + Elementary:.
- Floreria Atlantico in Buenos Aires places No.7 and is named The Best Bar in South America, sponsored by iichiko Saiten WORLD’S BEST BAR AWARDS 2020 – THE HIGHLIGHTS Connaught Bar, London, ranks No.1 in The World 50 Best Bars 2020 and is also The Best Bar in Europe, sponsored by Perrier The 2020 list features bars from 23 countries, with 11 new entries spread across Australia, Colombia, Greater China, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Spain, Thailand and the UK Drinks sector activist and educator Ashtin Berry is named the Roku Industry Icon Alquímico, Cartagena, clinches Ketel One Sustainable Bar Award Tayēr + Elementary, London, secures Disaronno Highest New Entry Award Coa in Hong Kong takes Nikka Highest Climber Award High Five, Tokyo, is named Heering Legend of The List Kwānt, London, is awarded London Essence Best New Opening Award Dante, New York, is The Best Bar in North America, sponsored by Asahi Super Dry Atlas, Singapore, is The Best Bar in Asia, sponsored by Rémy Martin Maybe Sammy, Sydney, is The Best Bar in Australasia, sponsored by Torres Brandy Zuma, Dubai, is The Best Bar in the Middle East and Africa, sponsored by Matusalem Florería Atlántico, Buenos Aires, is The Best Bar in South America, sponsored by iichiko Saiten Spain takes three spots with Barcelona’s Paradiso at No.19 and Two Schmucks (a new entry) at No.26, as well as Madrid’s Salmon Guru at No.22..
- This is followed by Mexico City’s Licorería Limantour at No.17, Lima’s Carnaval at No.21, Cartegena’s Alquimico (a new entry and the Ketel One Sustainable Bar Award winner) at No.47 and Buenos Aires’ Presidente at No.50..
- THE WORLD’S 50 BEST BARS 2020 The Savoy Hotel’s American Bar (pictured) is said to be one of the most historically important bars open today THE TRAVEL EDITOR’S VERDICT ON THE CONNAUGHT BAR I took my partner there for birthday drinks and was hugely impressed…