Sumary of Tourism leaders voice concern about Queensland’s new quarantine facility plan:
- Queensland may as well kiss international tourism goodbye if arriving passengers are made to quarantine at a new purpose-built facility at Toowoomba, industry leaders have warned.
- Camera IconQueensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk at the site where a quarantine hub will be built at Wellcamp Airport in Toowoomba.
- Flight Centre boss Graham Turner was left wondering what Queensland tourism would look like if international arrivals had to be bussed or flown to Toowoomba for a two-week stint in quarantine.
- Camera IconFlight Centre managing director Graham Turner said forcing vaccinated arriving passengers to quarantine would kill Queensland tourism.
- it must be being built for a future pandemic or a new variant, I presume,” Mr Turner said.
- “If it was built for this pandemic, it is going to kill tourism permanently for Queensland and possibly interstate tourism as well.