Sumary of Tourist finds giant hidden object in tiny town:
- An eagle-eyed tourist has found an appropriately shaped object in the tiny town of Banana, Queensland, that even its inhabitants knew nothing about.
- An eagle-eyed tourist has found a hidden but appropriately-shaped object in the tiny town of Banana in Queensland that even its inhabitants knew nothing about, though they passed it every day.
- Hamish Thompson was conducting a short road trip around central Queensland when he happened upon Banana in Banana Shire, near the town of Biloela.
- The little-known Banana, which has a population of under 400 people, is better known as a truck stop 150km west of Gladstone.
- After arriving in town and having done no research on it, Mr Thompson expected to see a banana statue similar to the Big Banana in Coffs Harbour.
- But he soon learnt that the town was not named after the fruit and had nothing to do with the banana growing industry.