Sumary of Travel news – live: Turkey, Maldives and South Africa ‘should leave red list’, as UK-Australia flights on sale:
- As UK travellers wait to see what changes the government will make to the “traffic light” system, The Independent’s travel correspondent Simon Calder has made his predictions.
- “The UK’s travel restrictions make us a laughing stock abroad – but they are also crippling airlines and holiday firms.
- “The current restrictions aren’t just making holidaymakers jumpy about booking – they are also destroying inbound tourism to the UK, and hundreds of thousands of jobs with it.
- Travel to almost a third of the world’s countries requires thousands of pounds spent on 11 nights in a hotel room on arrival.
- OWG, whose name stands for Off We Go, promises to “offer its travellers an experience that is the complete opposite of low-cost flights”.
- ”It involves “gathering travellers into three specific aircraft zones to provide a customised experience”.