Sumary of Virgin Australia to make vaccines mandatory for airline staff:
- “The majority of our team at Virgin Australia are already vaccinated, and we will be listening to our team members to ensure we find the best fit policy for our organisation.
- ”We know that some team members have questions and concerns about vaccinations.
- Through an internal campaign of education with qualified experts, we aim to inform and assure as many of our team members as possible.
- According to new rules, Qantas’s customer-facing team members – pilots, cabin crew and airport staff – must be fully vaccinated by mid-November.
- “We provide an essential service, so this will help guard against the disruptions that can be caused by just one positive Covid case shutting down a freight facility or airport terminal,” said chief executive Alan Joyce in a statement.