Sumary of Western Australia tightens restrictions on Victoria following coronavirus outbreak:
- From 6pm on Tuesday, all Victorian arrivals to Western Australia must be tested straight away, or within 48 hours, and self-quarantine until they return a negative result..
- It comes as Queensland has also declared the City of Whittlesea local government area – where the outbreak in Melbourne is centred – a hotspot..
- From 1am Wednesday anyone arriving into Queensland from that area must go into hotel quarantine unless they have a valid exemption..
- Mr Mcgowan told reporters that Western Australian authorities had been closely watching the unfolding outbreak..
- “Given the unknown source of the current outbreak, and genomic sequencing confirming a link to the Victorian man who acquired the virus in South Australian hotel quarantine earlier this month, it is a very concerning situation….