Sumary of Western Australia’s quarantine hub to be built near contaminated site:
- The federal government is moving the location for a new purpose-built quarantine facility in Western Australia — and it is just a few kilometres from a contaminated site.
- ”The Prime Minister also told reporters that the new location was a necessary decision.
- ”The Finance Department said prior to selecting the site an independent feasibility study from engineering firm AECOM found it was safe and suitable.
- ”Camera IconPrime Minister Scott Morrison said the new location was a necessary decision.
- NCA NewsWire/Gary Ramage Credit: News Corp AustraliaOnce construction on the 1000-bed facility is completed, it will be operated by the WA government during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Federal Finance Minister Simon Birmingham said the facility would initially enhance Australia’s ability to continue to safely return overseas travellers and will be used in future natural disasters or health crises.