Sumary of World’s Best Golf Trips – America’s Hidden Gem Top 100 Golf Vacation:
- Wisconsin is second only to California in Top 100 rated public golf courses, like Sentrywolrd, …
- Katherine Berdan Wolden (Sentry Insurance) For 20-plus years I have been writing about golf travel for dozens of outlets, from Golf Magazine and LINKS to in-flight airline magazines, national newspaper like USA Today and Investor’s Business Daily, and of course Forbes.
- I have played the very best courses of Ireland, Scotland, Australia, South Africa, Continental Europe, Mexico and many other far flung or exotic locales.
- Initially it appealed to those seeking activity outside and camaraderie with inherent social distancing, and many courses, resorts and golf destinations had record years in 2020.
- Wisconsin’s most famous course is the links-style Straits at Whistling Straits in Kohler, the 2021 …
- It is centrally located with its main golf gateway airports, especially Chicago, Milwaukee and to a lesser degree Madison, accessible via non-stop flights of three hours or less from just about every part of the country, including smaller regional airports.
- MORE FOR YOU In fact, the golf offerings here exceed just about every other place this size you can go in the country, and the only State that can claim more top courses is extremely spread-out California (back up for that claim shortly).
- So, Part One is that Wisconsin is an easy place to get to and get around, but the bigger, more important Part Two is that it is home to a virtually unrivalled collection of amazing destination-worthy courses in a small area, similar to the epic destinations like Northwestern Ireland or the Scottish Highlands.