Sumary of Will The Crash Of A Disneyland Helicopter Airline 50 Years Ago Impact The Future Of EVTOLs?:
- American producer, director, and animator Walt Disney (1901 – 1966) prepares to board a helicopter .
- In 2019, Uber Elevate, a division of the rideshare giant, promised a rollout of air vehicles in initial markets of Los Angeles and Dallas-Ft.
- But few realize that a scheduled VTOL airline (using helicopters) was a going concern in 1960’s Los Angeles, before literally going down in flames.
- MORE FROMFORBES ADVISOR Los Angeles has been the scene of high-profile civilian helicopter disasters.
- The January 2020 crash of a Sikorsky S-76B helicopter that killed NBA star Kobe Bryant and 8 other people in Calabasas is certainly the most notorious.
- In 1977, Francis Gary Powers, the CIA U-2 pilot shot down over the former USSR, was killed in an Encino helicopter crash along with a news cameraman.