Sumary of Wine And Technology Trends On The Horizon:
- I recently came across an innovative Canadian wine app, called Somm, that not only helps with pairings and wine insight but it also hosts experiences at local restaurants.
- The emergence of digital solutions within the hospitality and wine industry has allowed businesses to engage with guests through virtual tastings and dinner experiences, educational sessions, take-home meal kits, or through ecommerce.
- We also saw a refresh on many regulations and particularly retail sales, the emergence of restaurant-run wine shops and consumers caring a lot more about the quality of their culinary experiences at home.
- Even virtual experiences—such as cooking, mixology classes or wine tastings—can become an extension of a physical experience and allow a restaurant to be present in more living rooms.
- : People are recognizing the value of great service, great dining experiences and the appeal of going out in a way that was taken for granted prior to the pandemic.
- It can also help staff and sommeliers connect in a new way with on-premise guests, since we’re elevating everyone’s baseline level of knowledge and comfort with wine.