Sumary of 7 of the world’s most amazing streets:
- From country lanes fringed with hedgerows to inner city highways that rarely see the sun, most human activity takes place on a street of some form.
- These are among the world’s most extraordinary streets, from the hills of San Francisco to the Roman city of Bath…1. Baldwin Street, Dunedin, New ZealandThe identity of the world’s steepest street has been subject to a fierce rivalry in recent years.
- In 2019 Baldwin Street in New Zealand was the long-time owner of the title, but Ffordd Pen Llech in Harlech, Wales, successfully petitioned Guinness World Records that that their gradient of 28.6 degrees was in fact even steeper.
- ”2. Lombard Street, San Francisco, USA(iStock/PA)Nicknamed ‘the world’s most crooked street’ (which it may or may not be), Lombard Street winds down one of San Francisco’s 44 hills like the world’s largest, flattest earthworm.
- Various titans of Tinseltown reside here, from Mann’s Chinese Theatre to the Capitol Records Tower, but it’s the literal and figurative stars of the Hollywood Walk of Fame that pull in by far the most tourists.