Sumary of Qatar Airways leads best airlines ranking thanks to handling of pandemic:
- The world’s best airlines have been revealed – and Qatar Airways has snagged the top spot.
- The Gulf carrier was named 2021 airline of the year in AirlineRatings.
- com’s annual Airline Excellence Awards thanks to its cabin innovation, service, and the way it continued to operate during the pandemic.
- The pandemic has continued to wreak havoc on the aviation industry, with many carriers heavily affected by travel restrictions.
- Analysis by industry body Iata shows that by the start of 2022, almost five million aviation jobs could be lost.
- Following Qatar Airways in the industry awards was Air New Zealand (2), Singapore Airlines (3), Qantas (4) and Emirates (5).