Sumary of 5 captivating photo-adventure tours in South America:
- Uyuni Salt Flat, Bolivia A dazzling white expanse framed by mountains and volcanoes, the Salar de Uyuni (Uyuni salt flat) covers more than 4,000 square miles, making it not only the largest salt flat in the world but also one of the highest.
- Patagonia, Argentina – Chile In the deepest reaches of South America, lies a rugged land of jagged mountain faces, pristine alpine lakes, whipping winds, and an untouched beauty, known as Patagonia.
- Despite its vast size – over 1 million square kilometers – Patagonia remains one of the most isolated territories in the world, home to less than 2 million people.
- The Chilean Patagonia, which extends from the Lake District down to frigid Punta Arenas in the far south, is a nature wonderland that draws in adventurers from all over the world.
- Torres del Paine National Park, in particular, has built up a legendary status among travelers, with its impossibly blue lakes, towering snow-dusted mountains, pine forests, and a surprising amount of wildlife, making this – unquestionably – one of the most scenic parts of Patagonia.
- On the region’s other side, in Argentine Patagonia, ruggedly beautiful scenery provides the perfect setting for visual artists.