Sumary of Green list news – live: Bulgaria bans UK travellers just after move to green list:
- Bulgaria has banned travellers from the UK just days after being added to the government’s green list in the latest traffic light reshuffle.
- Travellers from red zone countries are not allowed into Bulgaria, barring for a handful of exemptions, such as medical professionals and seasonal workers.
- The President said that his Covid-19 team is actively assessing the situation throughout Europe and that his administration will announce when the ban on travel from Europe will be lifted in the days ahead.
- I’m waiting to hear from our folks, from our Covid team, as to when that should be done.” The US’s borders have long been shut to most international travellers.
- The Foreign Office advice states: “It is not possible for most British nationals to enter the USA if they have been in the UK, Ireland, Schengen zone, Iran, Brazil, China, South Africa or India within the previous 14 days.” Follow below for the latest travel updates:Key pointsShow latest update 1626452403Bulgaria bans British travellers days after being added to UK green list Bulgaria has banned UK travellers from entry just days after being upgraded to the UK’s green list for travel.
- Staff at South Tyneside and Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust – dealing with one of the highest infection rates in the country – are seeing hospital cases doubling week-on-week.