Sumary of ‘I’m a hunter-gatherer’: Radio 6 Music DJ Tom Ravenscroft on the pursuit of new music:
- So how would the Radio 6 Music DJ describe himself, if not creative?
- ”Some of those things include his 6 Music slots, comprising a regular Friday night music show and other appearances;
- Ravenscroft is passionate about finding new music, whether it’s new to the world at large, or just to his ears.
- A recent 6 Music show featured the late dub legend Lee “Scratch” Perry, electronic producer Joy Orbison and Brazilian-American trio São Paulo Underground.
- The drive – the need – to be excited by new music is either in his blood or in his upbringing.
- Ravenscroft is the son of the legendary broadcaster John Peel, who made his name as a fiend for new or unusual sounds.