Sumary of Travel expert Simon Calder answers 17 questions amid latest rule changes:
- Dave 612A: In recent weeks three Western governments have announced radical changes to Covid travel policies with no specific dates attached.
- Jab journeysQ: Is there any news on when Portugal will accept UK vaccine passport in lieu of a pre-departure Covid test?
- The Foreign Office advice has been updated with the change to say no test is required for travellers from the UK to Portugal “if you have an NHS Covid Pass … or an EU digital Covid vaccination certificate showing you have been fully vaccinated with an EU-approved Covid-19 vaccine at least 14 days before you travel”.
- The move was expected as southern European nations compete more fiercely for autumn and winter arrivals from the UK.Jet2 warns passengers that proper NHS certification – either online or on paper – is required.
- “Please note, your business card-sized paper Covid-19 vaccination record card isn’t an acceptable form of vaccine status proof and can’t be used to enter,” the firm warns.
- Q: Is the UK likely to start accepting other vaccinations from travellers – such as Sinovac from Brazil.